Although there are many beautiful pieces of jewellery in our display room, you may have something unique and special in mind. A custom piece of jewellery is completely unique to you and your family. These custom jewellery design tips will help you create the perfect necklace, ring, or bracelet to keep for a lifetime.
Why Should I Choose a Custom Jewellery Piece?
A custom piece of jewellery is unlike any other. You will have the only version of your engagement ring or necklace in existence; this alone can be a great reason to pursue a custom design.
Our designers work with you craft a piece that reflects your interests and values. Your favorite colors, metals, and patterns will all come together to create something beautiful.
The custom design process includes a 3D rendering of your design, a sample piece, and a final product. You will be present and able to give input at each stage of this process. Our jewellers may recommend stones or materials, but we will always default to the piece that you want to create.
When you design a custom piece of jewellery, you know for sure that it is perfect for you or your loved one.
Some Tips on Creating Your Dream Custom Piece
- Start your design process as early as possible. Your jeweller needs time to build your perfect piece of jewellery; complicated pieces can take several months to complete. You don't want your new heirloom necklace to be a rush job, so reach out to us at least a season before you need the piece finished.
- When you consult with one of our designers, you should already have an idea of the piece you want to make. Look to other pieces of jewellery for inspiration; you might like the band on one ring, but prefer the stone on another. Try to bring pictures or sketches with you so that you can easily communicate your ideas.
- Consider the materials you want included in your piece. We can use any gemstones or precious metals that you have in mind. Try matching an existing piece of jewellery, using meaningful center stones, or picking the diamond for your setting that sparkles just right.
- We offer diamonds and other stones in many different cuts and sizes. Consider shape, size, and clarity when choosing your stone. You can have any stone and setting you like, so select one that perfectly suits you.
- If you are designing an engagement ring, consider designing the wedding bands at the same time. This will let us match the pieces to create a cohesive final product.
- Our custom design process starts with the creation of a digital model. Changes are easiest to make during this stage; don't be afraid to speak up if you don't like something. We want you to walk away with a piece of jewellery that you absolutely love.
- After you have approved the digital design, we produce a wax cast of your piece that you can test out. Again, don't be afraid to ask for changes. The more we know about your design, the better the final piece will be.
Create the Jewellery of Your Dreams at Golden Tree Jewellers
At Golden Tree Jewellers, we are committed to delivering the finest piece of jewellery possible! Please reach out to us with any questions you may have about designing a custom piece. We will be happy to work with you to make something truly beautiful.